I’ve mentioned here and here that my friends and I are interested in cohousing in Northern Illinois. My best friend Sue will be up here from February 13 – 17 to help me celebrate my Big Girl birthday. I’d love it if we could connect with anyone interested in discussing creating cohousing in Northern Illinois.
At an initial meeting we could:
- Talk about WHY we are interested in cohousing
- WHEN – Discuss timeframes that we each have in mind
- Mull over WHO we would like to live in community with
- Clarify WHAT we mean when we say ‘cohousing’
- and begin to sort out WHERE we mean when we say ‘northern Illinois’
- Finally, talk about HOW to proceed
I am thinking Sunday, February 16 from 2-5. As a starting point I’ll suggest Cook St. Coffee in Barrington since that is near me – but if we have people coming from all over we can certainly find a place that is more equidistant.
Please let me know in the comments if you are interested in attending. To create cohousing there will have to be many planning meetings – this is simply a start to the conversation.